Koukash Review is an indie literary magazine featuring Pan-Arab/Southwest Asian North African voices in all our brilliant hues. Honoring our traditions alongside our glorious revolutions, we imagine futures as vibrant as the stories we tell.
We encourage submissions from all underrepresented voices, including those of women, queer and trans artists, and global diaspora. For a better idea about what we're into, check out Issue 1 on our website.
* All work should be original & unpublished. We are open to previously published work on a case-by-case basis.
* Times New Roman, size 12 and submit as [.doc], [.docx], [pdf]
* Always include a cover letter so we can get to know you
* Poetry (1 to 5 poems, up to 10 pages)
* Flash Fiction/Fiction (up to 4000 words)
* Essays/Creative Nonfiction (up to 4000 words)
* Simultaneous submissions encouraged but please withdraw work that is unavailable
* Email email@example.com if you have questions, but please do not inquire about work that you've submitted within the last 6 weeks.
* We accept work on a rolling basis, meaning we may reach our capacity before the deadline. For this reason, please submit early.