Koukash Review is an indie literary magazine featuring Pan-Arab/Southwest Asian North African voices in all our brilliant hues. We imagine futures as vibrant as the stories we tell.
We encourage submissions from all underrepresented voices, including those of women, queer and trans artists, and global diaspora. For a better idea about what we're into, check out previous issues on our website.
* All work should be original & unpublished. We are open to previously published work on a case-by-case basis.
* Times New Roman, size 12 and submit as [.doc], [.docx], [pdf]
* Always include a cover letter so we can get to know you!
* Poetry (1 to 5 poems, up to 10 pages)
* Flash Fiction/Fiction (up to 5000 words)
* Essays/Creative Nonfiction (up to 5000 words)
* Simultaneous submissions are encouraged but we ask that you please withdraw work that is unavailable
* Email email@example.com if you have questions, but please do not inquire about work that you've submitted within the last 6 weeks.
* We are an incredibly tiny volunteer team with sporadic availability, so we accept work on a rolling basis. This means we may reach our capacity before the deadline. For this reason, please submit early.
We use Submittable to accept and review our submissions.